dinsdag 4 september 2018

Simon vs by Ana


"The ending made me so so happy, because everything really came together!"



Helly my fellow booklions.

Today I want to talk to you about a book that gained a lot of popularity in the recent months! It’s called ‘Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda’ by Becky Albertalli! In this review I will talk about the movie and the book!

The book follows our main character Simon, who is secretly gay and doesn’t want anyone to find out. After a boy named Blue outs himself on the school Tumblr page, Simon gets in contact with him via email. After some stuff goes down, Blue disappears and Simon really wants to know who was behind the screenname ‘Blue’.

First thing’s first, this book takes a long time to really start. In the beginning we are mostly living in Simon’s head and learning about his life and the people around him, which was a little confusing to me because there are so many names and relationships to keep track of. In the movie thankfully, this was a little easier, because you see the faces of the people mentioned. I liked the tempo in the movie a lot more as well, because it didn’t take that long to get into the story and the exciting parts of the story.

Once the story started, I really enjoyed it. It touches on some very relevant things that go on in the lives of high school students, this was portrayed beautifully. I think Albertalli did a good job touching on such important topics in a real way. In the movie you get to see a lot of facial expressions and feel the emotions which made it more real. The actors really fulfilled their roles very well and I really enjoyed watching the movie. The ending made me so so happy, because everything really came together!

Overall, I think this is a good and fun read, but do keep in mind that the pacing in the book is a little slow. I would give this book three crosses!



Until next time,
Ana

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten