zondag 7 februari 2021

Review a vow so bold and deadly by Emma

 Review A vow so bold and deadly van Brigid Kemmerer.


"face your fears, fight the battle"

Thorn between those who believe Rhen is the rightful prince and those who want to start a new era under Grey, the true heir, Emberfall is starting to crumble. The two months, Grey gave Rhen to prepare for battle are slowly coming to an end. But instead of preparing Rhen has turned away from everyone, even from Harper, who desperatly tries to help finding him a path to peace.

"Fight the battle, save the kingdom"

On the other side of the coming war, Lia Mara is struggling to rule Syhl Shallow with a gentler hand than her mother. The people of Syhl Shallow have enjoyed peace since magic was driven out. Now their new queen has brought in a enchanted prince and a magical scraver to aid her in the upcoming war. As the deadline Grey has given Rhen starts to draw near, Lia mara is questioning herself more and more as queen. 

Loyalties are being tested and love is threatened by the upcoming war and then an old enemy resurfaces and threatens to destroy all of them.

A vow so bold and deadly is the last book in the cursebreakers serie by Brigid Kemmerer. After having read a heart so fierce and broken I had to wait a whole year to finally be able to hold and read the third and last book of this amazing series. After having waited so long I was a little bit dissapointed in the beginning. For some reason I couldn't get into the book in the beginning, But that's maybe my fault, because I can't seem to follow stories when there are to many switches in the point of views between characters. After a while it became less and the tension started to build and that was when the story started to grab me and the moment I was unable to put the book down.

We learn more about Rhen's back story and how he got himself cursed and what he went through during the first curse. Now Lilith is back and it's seems she's even crueler then before. Rhen is once again subjected to her torture and we get to read about it all. 

I was glad that the book finally picked up and was able to grab me because I have loved this series from the beginning. The ending is not what I expected and for me has still some what of an open ending, like Brigid is keeping the back door open for a second series based on this one. I can't explain it to much since it would be a huge spoiler, but if you read the book yourself you will understand. The book could have done with less switching between characters and with the background of Rhen I would have loved a point of view from Lilith but these are personal opinions and don't make the story less good. I really enjoyed the story and I'm sad the story is finished, but the ending for me was perfect. That being said I give this book 5 crosses!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten