dinsdag 20 december 2016

Perfect Christmas gifts according to Irina


Hello, lovely readers !!

I hope all of you are slowly settling in the Christmas mood and daydreaming of sleeping in late, eating delicious food and getting some well-deserved rest. Yes, I myself am a great fan of this holiday and am a firm believer in spending it with your loved and closest ones. Which also means gift shopping (ughhh..*sigh*)

Yesterday I spent 6 hours browsing all the stores (some of them twice or even three times..) to find the perfect gift for each & everyone. Believe me when I tell you – HARD WORK, they should suggest this routine as weight loss workout. My struggles made me realize that I am not alone in this so I decided to save you some of the trouble looking and suggest some great books that would fit all ages, moods and tastes to be the ultimate Christmas present:


Yes, well of course I shall suggest this – it is my favorite book..but the fact is that this is one of the most beautiful illustrated books I have seen in my life. Jim Kay managed to represent our beloved world perfectly by highlighting the best moments throughout the story. So if you have a Potter fan – that is your gift; a beloved child or teenager? – the gift; if you want to surprise someone with a mix of great illustrations with a greater story – that is the gift !! And they even have the second book now !! Don’t hesitate – this is the universal gift (and that is not just the Potter fan speaking, I promise !!)


2. "A Court of Thorns and Roses” & the sequel “A Court of Mist and Fury” by Sarah J. Maas

I would always suggest Sarah J. Maas as one of the best authors I have ever read. Her books combine the YA and fantasy/fiction genres in the perfect manner producing the universal book for all ages. The Court represents the 2nd series of the author following the “Throne of Glass” series (ongoing, currently published 5 out of 6 books). Her stories are addictive with a little bit of everything – strong characters, epic battles, distant lands and myths and beautiful love stories – all the perfect ingredients to keep you hooked from cover to cover.

I hope my Christmas choices will help reduce the challenges of gift-shopping so if you haven’t even started – Boekhandel Dominicanen is right on your way to pick up those copies, warm yourself up with a cup of coffee/tea and feel the Christmas vibe. And if that isn’t enough for you – they even pack the gifts and they always look pristine (if you are not the best with wrapping paper)! But as they say “A picture is worth a thousand words” soo..here is one of my trusted friend holding a gift, ready to make someone happy.



I wish you love, health and happiness and a very merry Christmas!!

2 opmerkingen: