donderdag 29 december 2016

Wink, Poppy en Midnight by Ana

"I really enjoyed this book because it made me feel very different from a lot of other books I’ve read."

(Klik hier voor de Nederlandse recensie)

Hello fellow booklions

I will start my first with 'Wink Poppy Midnight’ by April Genevieve Tucholke.

First, let's see what the back cover says about the book:

Every story needs a hero.
Every story needs a villain.
Every story needs a secret.

Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous.

What really happened?
Someone knows.
Someone is lying.

Let’s start with the "spoiler free" section of this review. I really enjoyed reading this book. The story starts a little slow and builds the world that revolves around Wink, Poppy and Midnight. They are all very unique and have a very different vision and way of living their life. When we know enough about the three of them the story builds up to a very crazy, scary night. A lot of things happen that night and we’re not really sure what happens because we’re kept in the dark for a long time but it all unfolds beautifully in the end. The story is very mesmerizing and intriguing and you’ll want to finish the story to find out what happens. The author spins the story around and you won’t expect what happens in the end but that’s what makes this story so intriguing and mysterious.

Now if you haven’t read the book I strongly recommend you go and read the book before you continue reading this review because there are some spoilers coming up!

SPOILERALERT!!!!


How how how did Wink manage to fool Midnight like that? In my opinion it’s very mean to play with emotions like that! I think Midnight felt the same, especially in the end when Wink promised to stop ‘playing games’ and stop lying to him and then she kept reading the books that made her act like that! Midnight just left and I think he made the right decision because what she did was not okay. The way she managed to conceal the whole thing was even worse because why would you lie to the face of the person you love? One thing I was very happy about was the fact that Midnight’s dad and mom get back together in Paris! He was so sad and he didn’t want to talk about it with his son and they worked everything out!!!
Poppy. Wow. Her character really developed in the end when she started living by herself. I didn’t expect her to do something like that (Honestly, what did I expect while reading this book haha, everything was a surprise!). Wink really played her through Leaf but in the end she got to be with him! I hope they grow closer together because that was her whole motive for acting the way she did and it would just be sad to do so much for a love that would never happen. I love how the end was left open for Poppy so we can all think of what would happen to her!

I really enjoyed this book because it made me feel very different from a lot of other books I’ve read. I had to think for a few days before I could really know how it made me feel. The book was very different from other YA books and the way it plays all the readers is even better! The book was very mysterious, intriguing and it was very uncertain what would happen. It made me anxious to turn the page and I kept wanting to read the last few pages (but I contained myself and didn’t!) to find out what would happen. I also felt very dreadful when Wink and Midnight went back to find Poppy, so many things were going through my mind!

I strongly recommend this book if you’re looking for something very very different that will make you feel different than you feel when reading other YA books.







Until next time!

Ana.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten